Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
We're Hiring - President & CEO
The Board of Directors of Junior Achievement of the Triad (Greensboro, NC) is seeking qualified candidates for
the position of President. The Board invites resumes from individuals with a record of demonstrated success at an
executive level with fundraising, board development, staff management and development, program management,
marketing, and public/community relations. The ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for the mission, and a
strategic leader with the ability to manage finances. Junior Achievement's purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Our focus is to ensure that every kindergarten through eighth grade student in the Triad has the competencies needed for future success in life and career.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Leads JA of the Triad as President and CEO, with responsibility for establishing and communicating strategy; driving
revenue; building effective partnerships with schools and stakeholders; promoting the mission and the brand; leading
the staff and nurturing an engaging culture; fostering operational excellence and sound financial performance; and
ensuring effective governance.
Strategy and Brand
• In partnership with the Board of Directors, establishes the vision and future road map for JA of the Triad; translates the vision into engagement through clear and compelling communication and messaging.
• Develops and implements strategic plans that assure the strength and growth of JA of the Triad within the context of the internal and external market forces and regulations.
• Advances the mission within the community and serves as a passionate advocate for JA of the Triad. Promotes the brand and represents JA of the Triad with the public, businesses, government agencies, and community groups to drive the strategy and success of the organization.
• Effectively applies fundamental selling skills in prospecting, connecting, and developing relationships which result revenue goal achievement for JA of the Triad.
• Secures the resources that support and enable achievement of strategic and operational goals.
• Stewards the “customer” with an eye to a long-term relationship that are mutually beneficial.
People and Culture:
• Provides thoughtful executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
• Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
• Accurately projects staffing requirements and effectively evaluates talent to recruit and retain the best individuals
for the board and staff.
• Engages board, leadership team and staff to create synergy and foster collaboration in achieving JA’s mission; builds on the individual and group strengths to achieve established goals and strategic plan.
• Applies effective talent management techniques and processes to enhance the professional growth and performance of staff.
• Manages and motivates team members through coaching, recognition, and managing performance to assure achievement of all goals and objectives.
• Oversees people functions including hiring, separation, on-boarding, succession, training, compensation and benefits, employee relations, etc.
• Fosters a culture that encourages collaboration and professional development, rewards innovation and growth, and recognizes positive contributions and accountability.
• Effectively delegates tasks while maintaining oversight for overall success.
• Acts in concert with JA values and assures others in the organization do the same.
• Assures that JA of the Triad operates in compliance with all requirements of the Junior Achievement Operating Agreement and additional requirements established by the Board of Directors.
• Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance of the organization.
• Fosters innovation and excellence in program delivery, leveraging both technology and volunteer engagement to provide effective learning opportunities for student participants.
• Manages implementation of all programs and ensures programs are executed within acceptable standards to assure growth in student impact.
• Oversees day-to-day operations to mitigate risks and ensure long-term strategic success.
Finance and Governance:
• Ensures the financial strength of the JA of the Triad operation to support operational and strategic plans and sustainability of the organization including the development and implementation of effective fundraising campaigns, leads revenue generation through our various key stakeholders, and takes an innovative approach to raising funds.
• Establishes accurate and timely financial reporting plus analysis of financial information.
• Develops a budget and manages financial resources to meet or exceed all objectives.
• Works with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to recruit, orient, and encourage engagement of Board members; manage effective regular meetings with the Board including the development of the agenda and any reports and materials.
• Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance
Other duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
Position Title: President/Chief Executive Officer FLSA Status: Exempt/Salary
Reports to: Board of Directors Employment Status: Full-Time
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
• Five or more years of Senior Leadership experience in related field with successful track record
• Excellent management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Leads with a strong moral and ethical compass
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and fostering relationships in the community
• Willingness to undergo criminal and credit background check
• Experience working with a Board of Directors
• CFRE certification
• D&I certification